RED BRANCH, TX (GRAYSON COUNTY)
RED BRANCH, TEXAS (Grayson County). Red Branch is an unincorporated rural community in extreme northwestern Grayson County twenty miles northwest of Sherman on Farm Road 901 and two miles east of the county's western boundary. Settled about 1860, the village was named for the redbuds and the red banks of a nearby stream. The village received a post office in 1891; it operated until 1904. Red Branch reported a population of thirty-six and one business from 1936 to 1948. In 1989 the community had several scattered houses but no businesses.
Grayson County Frontier Village, History of Grayson County, Texas (2 vols., Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Hunter, 1979, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "RED BRANCH, TX (GRAYSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrr10), accessed May 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.