PRYOR, TEXAS. Pryor was near Pickett five miles south of Corsicana in central Navarro County. It was probably established around 1900. A Pryor post office operated between 1901 and 1905, and during the early 1900s there were several stores and a gin in the area. By the mid-1930s, however, the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
Alva Taylor, History and Photographs of Corsicana and Navarro County (Corsicana, Texas, 1959; rev. ed., Navarro County History and Photographs, Corsicana, 1962).