PRIMROSE, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)
PRIMROSE, TEXAS (Cherokee County). Primrose, on U.S. Highway 69 fourteen miles southeast of Rusk in southern Cherokee County, was probably first settled around the time of the Civil War. A church and school were established there by 1900. The school was consolidated with the Alto district in 1934, but as late as the mid-1930s Primrose had a church and a number of houses. After World War II many residents left the area, and in the 1980s only a church and a few scattered dwellings remained.
Cherokee County History (Jacksonville, Texas: Cherokee County Historical Commission, 1986). Hattie Joplin Roach, A History of Cherokee County (Dallas: Southwest, 1934).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PRIMROSE, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpud), accessed May 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.