PARKER'S MILLS, TX
PARKER'S MILLS, TEXAS. Parker's Mills, also known as Parker, was near Big Elkhart Creek three miles northwest of Grapeland in northwestern Houston County. The community was established around 1850. A post office opened in 1859 and operated until 1872. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a church, a cemetery, a sawmill, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PARKER'S MILLS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpkf), accessed July 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.