PALO BLANCO, TX (ZAVALA COUNTY)
PALO BLANCO, TEXAS (Zavala County). Palo Blanco, also known as the Williams Community, was a frontier ranch and farm settlement on the Williams Ranch near Palo Blanco Creek in west central Zavala County. J. M. Williams began his ranching operation sometime in the 1880s. The Williams Ranch was connected by road with Cometa. A short-lived Palo Blanco post office operated from February to May 1886. The Palo Blanco Baptist Church was organized at the Williams Ranch around 1909 with the help of Wesley Yow, George Park, D. W. Mathews, Bruce Roberts, and J. W. Cunningham. The community appears to have been abandoned by 1936.
Florence Fenley, Old Timers of Southwest Texas (Uvalde, Texas: Hornby, 1957). Zavala County Historical Commission, Now and Then in Zavala County (Crystal City, Texas, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "PALO BLANCO, TX (ZAVALA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrphc), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.