PLAINVIEW, TX (WHARTON COUNTY)
PLAINVIEW, TEXAS (Wharton County). Plainview is on Farm roads 441 and 1163 five miles southwest of El Campo in southwest Wharton County. The local school, organized in 1917, had an enrollment of 130 white and four black students and four teachers in 1926. In 1948 the school was consolidated with the Louise Rural High School District. In 1989 a town hall existed at the townsite.
Samuel Butler Graham and Ellen Newman, Galveston Community Book: A Historical and Biographical Record of Galveston and Galveston County (Galveston: Cawston, 1945). Annie Lee Williams, A History of Wharton County (Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "PLAINVIEW, TX (WHARTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpfx), accessed July 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.