PRAIRIE SPRINGS, TX
PRAIRIE SPRINGS, TEXAS. Prairie Springs was a farming community on State Highway 64 ten miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. The Prairie Springs Methodist Episcopal Church South was founded there in 1866. In 1893 the congregation moved the church to a site in Ben Wheeler on the Edom and Canton Road. By 1987 only a cemetery with a historical marker remained at the former townsite of Prairie Springs.
Marker Files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "PRAIRIE SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpba), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.