OTIS, TX (BASTROP COUNTY)
OTIS, TEXAS (Bastrop County). Otis was a small rural community located seven miles southeast of the Cedar Creek community in west central Bastrop County. A post office operated from 1899 to 1906; Winfield Scott was postmaster. The local school had twenty-five students and one teacher in 1905. The community was not marked on county highway maps in the 1940s, and no population estimates for Otis were available. The name of the school district was changed from Otis to High Grove in 1952, and the school was consolidated with Greens Prairie in 1956. The community did not appear on county maps in the 1980s.
Bill Moore, Bastrop County, 1691–1900 (Wichita Falls: Nortex, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "OTIS, TX (BASTROP COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrodu), accessed August 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.