ODOM, TEXAS. Odom, on Farm Road 3080 fourteen miles southwest of Canton in extreme southwest Van Zandt County, appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the location of a school and scattered residences and in 1981 as scattered dwellings along the roadway. The Odom school was consolidated with the Mabank Independent School District in 1949. Beard Cemetery, referred to as the Odom-Beard Cemetery by some sources, is nearby.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "ODOM, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hro36), accessed August 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.