NEW HOPE, TEXAS (Limestone County). New Hope is on Farm Road 1512 twenty-two miles southeast of Mexia in the southeastern corner of Limestone County. In the mid-1890s the school at New Hope had forty-three students. The Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway bypassed New Hope by two miles in 1906, limiting the community's chances for growth. A church and a few scattered houses marked New Hope on the county highway map in the late 1940s; only the church and a cemetery appeared on maps of the area in the 1980s.
Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl
Image Use Disclaimer
All copyrighted materials included within the Handbook of Texas Online are in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 related to Copyright and “Fair Use” for Non-Profit educational institutions, which permits the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), to utilize copyrighted materials to further scholarship, education, and inform the public. The TSHA makes every effort to conform to the principles of fair use and to comply with copyright law.