NOLTE, TEXAS. Nolte is on a switch line of the Southern Pacific four miles west of Seguin and just off Farm Road 1620 in west central Guadalupe County. It was named in 1876 for the owner of the local flour mill. In 1946 the community was made up of workmen for the mill. The population was estimated at twenty-five in 1990 and 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Willie Mae Weinert, "NOLTE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrn26), accessed May 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.