NEW MOORE, TX
NEW MOORE, TEXAS. New Moore, also known as Nurmoore, is at the intersection of Farm roads 179 and 213, in southwestern Lynn County. It began in 1924 and 1925, when the Slash-L Ranch sold off its lands to incoming farmers. The community was named for G. A. Newman of the Newman Development Company and for W. McCarty Moore, who bought land from the ranch. A school district was established in 1924, but little growth occurred. By 1948 the community had four businesses, a church, a cotton gin, a school, and a population of fifty. In 1974 it had a gin, a combination store and station, and a rarely used church. It was still listed as a community in 1990. By 2000 the population was ten.
Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Donald R. Abbe, "NEW MOORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrn16), accessed April 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.