MAPLE, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)
MAPLE, TEXAS (Red River County). Maple is on Farm Road 1487 twenty-two miles south of Clarksville in southern Red River County. The community was first settled prior to 1900. A school was in operation by 1907, when it had an enrollment of forty-five. In the mid 1930s Maple had a church, a school, and a number of houses. The school and church were closed around the time of World War II, but in the early 1990s a community center and a few scattered dwellings still remained. In 2000 the population was thirty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MAPLE, TX (RED RIVER COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmsf), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.