MCGINTY, TEXAS. McGinty was near the site of present Trevat and thirteen miles northeast of Groveton in eastern Trinity County. It was named for Albert L. McGinty, who served as postmaster. A post office operated at the community from 1907 to 1908, when the mail was sent to Potomoc. The settlement apparently declined thereafter, and by the mid-1930s it was no longer shown on maps.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MCGINTY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmrc), accessed May 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.