MIDCITY, TEXAS. Midcity, at the junction of U.S. Highway 271 and Farm Road 906, fourteen miles northeast of Paris in northern Lamar County, was settled around 1900. During the mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, and a number of houses; several stores were also located in the area. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the 1990s Midcity still had a church and several businesses. By 2000 the population was reported as fifty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MIDCITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmqd), accessed June 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.