MOCCASIN GAP, TX
MOCCASIN GAP, TEXAS. Moccasin Gap was on Farm Road 3154 2½ miles north of Groveton in central Trinity County. It was apparently settled around 1900 by several families from Rankin County, Mississippi. By the 1930s a school and a church were in the area. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MOCCASIN GAP, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmlu), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.