MOUNT PILGRIM, TX (WHARTON COUNTY)
MOUNT PILGRIM, TEXAS (Wharton County). Mount Pilgrim is on Farm Road 2546 near Pinoak Creek two miles northwest of Hahn Prairie and twenty miles northwest of Wharton in northwestern Wharton County. In 1905 the local school had sixty black pupils and one teacher. The 1936 county highway map showed a school at the townsite, but by 1989 only a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "MOUNT PILGRIM, TX (WHARTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmgx), accessed April 21, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.