MACEDONIA, TX (HOPKINS COUNTY)
MACEDONIA, TEXAS (Hopkins County). Macedonia was a small rural school community that was located approximately ten miles north-northwest of Sulphur Springs and less than two miles southwest of the hamlet of Addran in north central Hopkins County. The village came into existence with the construction of a log school in 1885 on a small portion of the original Ulysses Aiguier survey. From the late 1800s into the early 1900s Macedonia had its own school district that served area farmers, though residents conducted commerce in nearby Addran. The school closed in 1943 when it consolidated with North Hopkins School. Macedonia gradually disappeared, and by the late twentieth century, there were no traces of the rural community.
Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 1976). Laurie E. Jasinski, "The Hunt, the Harvest, and the Hoedown: A History of Cooper Lake State Park" (unpublished report, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Cultural Resources Program, Austin, 2004).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "MACEDONIA, TX (HOPKINS COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmbh), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.