MOUNT PISGAH, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
MOUNT PISGAH, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Mount Pisgah is a rural community off Farm Road 2909 located between the Little Hope and Walnut Springs communities four miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. The local school was established by 1890, reached an enrollment of eighty-nine in 1905, and was consolidated with the Canton Independent School District by the 1950s. A cyclone on April 19, 1919, destroyed the local Baptist church, and its services were held in the school until a new church was constructed in 1928. The 1987 county highway map showed only the school, a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings at the site.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).