MACEDONIA, TX (MARION COUNTY)
MACEDONIA, TEXAS (Marion County). Macedonia is near the intersection of Farm roads 726 and 3001, ten miles southwest of Jefferson in southwestern Marion County. In 1938 the community had a four-room schoolhouse that accommodated 221 black elementary and high school students and seven teachers. In 1961 Macedonia had a church, a cemetery, and several scattered dwellings, and in 1983 the settlement had a school, a church, a cemetery, and one business.
Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "MACEDONIA, TX (MARION COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm86), accessed May 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.