MAPLE SPRINGS, TX
MAPLE SPRINGS, TEXAS. Maple Springs is on Farm Road 71 thirteen miles north of Mount Pleasant in northern Titus County. The site was settled before 1900, and by the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. Around the time of World War II the school was closed, and in the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained. The population was twenty-five in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MAPLE SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm73), accessed April 19, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.