MELDRUM, TEXAS. Meldrum is on the Southern Pacific line and U.S. Highway 84 four miles northeast of Timpson in northeastern Shelby County. The settlement developed around the railroad when it came through the area in 1885, and was named for the president of the road. Meldrum had two stores and several residences in 1946 and one business and several residences in 1988. No population statistics were available for 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "MELDRUM, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm30), accessed August 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.