MASSEY LAKE, TX
MASSEY LAKE, TEXAS. Massey Lake is a rural community on Farm Road 2054 fourteen miles northwest of Palestine and two miles southwest of Tennessee Colony in western Anderson County. It was named for an early area landowner. A post office was opened in Massey Lake in 1922, and the community had an estimated population of twenty in 1925. During the 1930s and 1940s Massey Lake had one business, two churches, two schools, and a number of scattered dwellings. Its post office was discontinued about 1956. The community population was consistently estimated at twenty through 1966, the last year for which figures were available. In 1985 Massey Lake had a church, a school, two businesses, and several homes.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "MASSEY LAKE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm19), accessed April 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.