LONDON, TX (NUECES COUNTY)
LONDON, TEXAS (Nueces County). London is near Bishop in southwestern Nueces County. It was named for Sam and Fanny London, who purchased the surrounding land from the King Ranch around 1909. A frame schoolhouse was built at the townsite in 1909, and a brick structure was erected in 1914. In the early 1990s the community had the school and a number of houses. Around that time high school students attended school in nearby Corpus Christi.
Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LONDON, TX (NUECES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlup), accessed May 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.