LA ROSE, TX
LA ROSE, TEXAS. La Rose is on Farm Road 624 twenty miles northwest of Corpus Christi in north central Nueces County. It was established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a store and a number of houses; children attended school in nearby Bluntzer or Riverside. In 1990 the community's population was reported as twenty. The population remained the same in 2000.
Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LA ROSE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlsm), accessed April 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.