LOWRY, TEXAS. Lowry was a rural community on Mill Creek seven miles southwest of Deberry in eastern Panola County. A post office opened there in 1883, and by the mid-1890s the small settlement had three grocery stores, a gristmill and cotton gin, a sawmill, and an estimated population of thirty. The post office closed in 1902, and by the mid-1930s Lowry was no longer shown on highway maps.
John Barnette Sanders, The Postoffices and Post Masters of Panola County, Texas, 1845–1930 (Center, Texas, 1964).