LYNCH, TEXAS. Lynch, on State Highway 35 eight miles west of Emory in western Rains County, was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1904, when it had an enrollment of fifty-four. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LYNCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlln), accessed July 07, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.