LEBANON, TX (HILL COUNTY)
LEBANON, TEXAS (Hill County). Lebanon was just south of the intersection of Farm roads 2114 and 1304 and sixteen miles southwest of Hillsboro in southwestern Hill County. The community was named for the Lebanon Methodist Church that was founded in the area in 1872. In 1905 the Lebanon school had eighty-four pupils. The school closed in the late 1940s, and its students attended classes in nearby Aquilla. In 1923 the Latham Springs Baptist Encampment opened in Lebanon. By the 1980s it was used from spring through fall for camps and retreats, accommodating up to 600 campers at a time in its eleven dormitories.
Hill County Historical Commission, A History of Hill County, Texas, 1853–1980 (Waco: Texian, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Lisa C. Maxwell, "LEBANON, TX (HILL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl70), accessed March 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.