LAVADA, TEXAS. Lavada is on Farm Road 71 a mile west of Talco in northeastern Franklin County. A post office was established in 1901 and closed in 1907, with David Warner as the first and only postmaster. During the 1930s the community had a church and a few houses. By 1985 only scattered houses remained.
Wright Patman, History of Post Offices-First Congressional District of Texas (Texarkana, Texas, 1946?).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "LAVADA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl57), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.