LANSING, TEXAS. Lansing is on the Union Pacific Railroad and U.S. Highway 80, fifteen miles west of Marshall and just west of Hallsville in western Harrison County. The community was settled by William Watkins in the early 1830s. In 1946 Lansing had a few scattered residences, a store, and a sawmill. By the 1960s a number of residences were scattered around the shores of Highway Lake there. The 1984 county highway map identified Lansing but showed no structures at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Sallie M. Lentz, "LANSING, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl13), accessed May 23, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.