KEELERSVILLE, TEXAS. Keelersville, known at various times as Keliehor, Keliehorville, Keeler, Keelar, and Kellar, is on the Yankee Branch of Willis Creek five miles west of Granger in northeast Williamson County. It was named for the Keliehor family, who owned a ranch on the site of the community. Keelersville had a post office between 1895 and 1897 and had two churches, a cotton gin, and a blacksmith shop in 1896. Around 1900 it had a store and a school. A second gin was built in 1915 on the banks of Yankee Branch, and camp meetings were held nearby. In 1988 the community had several widely spaced residences.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "KEELERSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrk22), accessed April 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.