JONES, TEXAS. Jones was at the juncture of Farm Road 1255 and State Highway 110, eleven miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County. In the 1870s it had a church and school. Around that time four Jones brothers started a cemetery on the survey of H. W. Jones. The local school reached an enrollment of thirty-eight in 1906, and the 1936 county highway map showed a business, a church, a school, and several dwellings near the Texas Short Line Railway. In 1965 the town had a business and the church, but by 1981 only the Jones Cemetery and several dwellings by the highway remained.
Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "JONES, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrj13), accessed July 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.