INDIAN CAMP SPRINGS, TX
INDIAN CAMP SPRINGS, TEXAS. Indian Camp Springs was a community just off U. S. Highway 287 in eastern Trinity County. The area was probably first settled sometime after the Civil War. Around 1900 the site had a saw and grist mill; a school and church were located nearby. In the early 1990s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "INDIAN CAMP SPRINGS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrizt), accessed May 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.