INDIAN LAKE, TX
INDIAN LAKE, TEXAS. Indian Lake is off Farm Road 1575 a mile north of State Highway 100 and three miles northwest of Los Fresnos in central Cameron County. The site had scattered farm units and some dwellings in the mid-1940s. In the 1960s it became a mobile-home community for winter Texans. Indian Lake was incorporated in the mid-1980s and in the early 1990s had 365 lots. The community's residents, primarily from northern states, numbered 500 or 600 in the winter months and 100 the rest of the year. In 2000 the population was reported at 545. By 2004 homes were being built in Indian Lake and the number of year-round residents was increasing. The community receives its water and mail services from Los Fresnos.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alicia A. Garza, "INDIAN LAKE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hridj), accessed May 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.