HASTING'S, TX (KENDALL COUNTY)
HASTING'S, TEXAS (Kendall County). Hasting's was on the stage line to Bandera five miles southwest of Boerne in southern Kendall County. A post office was established there in 1890, and by 1892 the community had a population of fifty. Stock raising and dairy farming were the primary occupations of area residents. The community's population fell to thirty by 1896, and the post office was discontinued in 1903. The Hasting's school had one teacher and fourteen students in 1905 but was probably consolidated with several other districts in 1907, when the Boerne Independent School District was established. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps in the 1940s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HASTING'S, TX (KENDALL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhmq), accessed September 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.