HERRINGTON'S, TEXAS. Herrington's was near the site of present Huntington in east central Angelina County. A post office operated there under the name Sumpter from 1848 to 1852, when the name was changed to Herrington's for long-time postmaster William Herrington. The Herrington's post office closed in 1866, and by the late 1870s the settlement was abandoned.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HERRINGTON'S, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhfw), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.