HIGHLAND STATION, TX
HIGHLAND STATION, TEXAS. Highland Station was near Virginia Point in south central Galveston County. The community was established after the Civil War when William Jefferson Jones set aside 320 acres of land, divided it into tracts, and sold it to emancipated slaves. Jones allowed purchasers to pay for the new farmsites ten years later. A post office operated at Highland Station from 1869 to 1880.
History of Texas, Together with a Biographical History of the Cities of Houston and Galveston (Chicago: Lewis, 1895).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "HIGHLAND STATION, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhan), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.