HOBBS, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)
HOBBS, TEXAS (Van Zandt County). Hobbs is a farming community twelve miles southeast of Canton in extreme south central Van Zandt County. In 1890 it had schools for white students and for black. Enrollment at the white school was eighty-seven in 1904, and fifty-four students attended the black school in 1906. The community was not labeled on the 1936 county highway map. Its schools were consolidated with the Martins Mill Independent School District by the 1950s. In the late 1980s a church and scattered dwellings marked the Hobbs townsite.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "HOBBS, TX (VAN ZANDT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh92), accessed March 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Modified on March 26, 2012. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.