HICKORY GROVE, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)
HICKORY GROVE, TEXAS (Freestone County). Hickory Grove is at the convergence of Farm roads 3285 and 2570, three miles northeast of Fairfield in central Freestone County. The community established a school and church in 1870; it also had a cotton gin, a store, and a cemetery. In 1893 twenty-four pupils were enrolled in its school, and by 1903 enrollment had decreased to nineteen. Hickory Grove had only a few scattered dwellings during the 1930s. In the 1960s there were a few dwellings in the area; there was also a cemetery, which was later named the Jameson Cemetery. The cemetery was shown on the 1989 county highway map.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "HICKORY GROVE, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh71), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Modified on July 24, 2012. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.