HENSON'S CREEK, TX
HENSON'S CREEK, TEXAS. Henson's Creek was near a stream of the same name in east central Coryell County. It received a post office in 1858 with William R. Ellis as postmaster. The settlement also had a gin and a store. The post office was discontinued in 1866. The site became part of the Fort Hood military reservation in the early 1940s.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HENSON'S CREEK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh67), accessed August 02, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.