HALL COMMUNITY, TX
HALL COMMUNITY, TEXAS. Hall Community is on State Highway 49 four miles northeast of Jefferson in eastern Marion County. Cemetery records indicate that the area was settled as early as 1857, and the Logan family and Wesley York were among those living in the community in the mid-1800s and later. In 1938 Hall Community had a two-room schoolhouse serving forty-two elementary students and one teacher. In the 1960s the community consisted of a school, a church, and several dwellings, and in 1983 Hall Community had a school, a church, and a community center.
"Cemetery Records of York Cemetery," Records of East Texas, July 1968. Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "HALL COMMUNITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh65), accessed June 03, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.