HUBER, TEXAS. Huber is on State Highway 87 seven miles northwest of Center in western Shelby County. The community received a post office in 1885 with John H. Thornton as postmaster. In 1890 the town had a gristmill, a sawmill, and a cotton gin, and in 1896 it had an estimated population of twenty-five. By 1903 the Huber school had sixty-seven pupils. The community's post office was closed in 1905. Its school in 1938 served 100 children. Huber comprised the school, a church, the sawmill, and several small businesses in 1946. By 1955 its school had been consolidated with the Timpson school district. Huber had a sawmill, two businesses, and a cemetery in 1988.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "HUBER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh61), accessed May 24, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.