HENDRICKS, TEXAS. Hendricks, on Farm Road 1565 ten miles southwest of Greenville in western Hunt County, was established as a lumbering site about 1880. It had a general store in 1885 and a population of twenty-five in 1890. Hendricks was never a sizable community and declined during the twentieth century. The 1948 county highway map showed Hendricks with a church, three businesses, and a number of dwellings; a school was nearby. The 1984 county highway map named Hendricks, but no buildings were shown at the site.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HENDRICKS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh29), accessed November 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles