HENDERSON CHAPEL, TX
HENDERSON CHAPEL, TEXAS. Henderson Chapel, also known as Hendersons Chapel and as Henderson, was on Farm Road 2402 near a tributary of Kickapoo Creek about eleven miles southwest of Paint Rock in west central Concho County. In 1936 Henderson Chapel had a business and a school. In 1940 its school, which encompassed grades one through seven, had an average daily attendance of twenty. By 1955 the community's school had been consolidated with the Eola school district. The 1963 county highway map named the community, but showed no buildings at the site.
Vernon Lee Rucker, A Proposed Reorganization of the Concho County, Texas, Public Schools (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "HENDERSON CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh28), accessed November 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles