HEADSVILLE, TEXAS. Headsville, a mile west of State Highway 7 and nine miles northeast of Bremond near the Limestone county line in northeastern Robertson County, was established in the 1870s. By 1871 it had a post office, which had closed by 1905. J. G. Adams operated a store there and was postmaster in 1885, when the community had a population of thirty. In 1904 Headsville had a school with one teacher and fifty-four students. The community's population was seventy-five in 1915. Headsville had a few scattered dwellings in 1969, and the community was still named on a 1982 county highway map.
Ivory Freeman Carson, Early Development of Robertson County (M.A. thesis, North Texas State College, 1954).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HEADSVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh24), accessed July 04, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.