GOSHEN, TX (HENDERSON COUNTY)
GOSHEN, TEXAS (Henderson County). Goshen was on Trim Creek eight miles northeast of Eustace in northwestern Henderson County. A post office opened there in 1871, and by 1885 the settlement had a population of 150 and two churches, a district school, three general stores, four steam gristmills and cotton gins, a hotel, and a saloon. During the early 1890s, however, the town began to decline, and by 1896 the reported population was only twenty-four. The post office closed in 1905, and by the mid-1930s only a church, a school, and a few houses remained at the site. After World War II most of the remaining residents left the area, and by the early 1990s Goshen was abandoned.