GOODMAN, TEXAS. Goodman, six miles northwest of Bastrop in western Bastrop County, received a post office in 1887 with Sterling F. Baucom as postmaster. In the 1890s Goodman had a general store, a blacksmith, and ten residents. Its post office was discontinued in 1914. By the late 1940s no evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps.
Bill Moore, Bastrop County, 1691–1900 (Wichita Falls: Nortex, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "GOODMAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgjp), accessed November 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
Get Texas history everyday,
with day by day
Each day's email tells a little bit more of the story of Texas and links to our collection of more than 27,000 articles