GOODHOPE, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
GOODHOPE, TEXAS (Navarro County). Goodhope, on State Highway 31 two miles east of Powell in southeastern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s the community had a school, which in 1906 had an enrollment of eight. Goodhope in the mid-1930s consisted of a church and a number of houses. During the early 1990s Goodhope was a dispersed rural community with a church and a few scattered houses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GOODHOPE, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgan), accessed May 22, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.