GRANT, TX (MARION COUNTY)
GRANT, TEXAS (Marion County). Grant was on the East Line and Red River Railroad thirteen miles northwest of Jefferson in northwestern Marion County. A post office opened there in 1890, and in 1892 the community had a shingle and saw mill, the East Line lumber company, a gin and lath mill, and an estimated population of 200. B. F. Brown was the Grant postmaster. The community's post office closed in 1893. Grant seems to have disappeared soon thereafter.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "GRANT, TX (MARION COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg52), accessed March 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.