GREENVIEW, TEXAS. Greenview, a farming community three miles north of Bonanza in southwestern Hopkins County, was settled by Green Weaver in 1845. A school opened at the site in the 1850s. After 1900 Greenview had a public school, which in 1905 enrolled thirty-three. By 1946 the enrollment had fallen to fifteen. The school closed the following year. In 1916 a church was organized in the community; it later burned and was rebuilt. By the late 1940s Greenview had a church, two stores, a cemetery, and a number of widely scattered dwellings. Greenview still had a church and cemetery in the mid-1980s, and a new community center was built in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.J. E. Jennings, "GREENVIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg26), accessed April 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.